Do You Need Tree Cutting, Trimming, or Pruning Service?
Speak with a tree pruning expert in Katy, TX
Tree Training with Pruning
Trees are pruned for various reasons, all of which should result in a better looking and better-performing tree. Our tree training experts trim specific branches that are pointing in the direction they want the tree to grow. Seasonal pruning promotes healthy growth and longevity.
Pruning for plant health focuses on removing dead, dying, and diseased branches, branches that rub together, and any branch stubs so the entire tree continues to grow in a healthy way.
Preventing Disease with Tree Pruning
Opening up the canopy to let light and air filter throughout the entire tree allows for increased foliage while decreasing the risk of disease. At the ground level, suckers and water sprouts weaken the wood and steal nutrients from the main tree. By helping a tree establish one main tree and a dominant leader, you create a strong tree that’s ultimately able to withstand winter storms and high winds.
Call 281-391-3450 now to schedule your tree removal service.
Tree Pruning Cuts
There are various types of pruning cuts depending on your goal and the health of the tree.
- Tree Thinning. This is the practice of thinning out dense foliage by removing entire branches encouraging remaining branches to grow stronger and longer.
- Heading Cuts to Encourage Density. Crown cuts help to encourage denser sprouts and growth.
- Cuts to Slow Tree Growth. It’s better to properly plan for a tree’s future growth and plant it in a suitable area than to attempt to slow its growth. But if the tree is already there, you can discourage growth by not watering it or fertilizing it. Pruning it in the summer will also help stunt its growth.
Provide you with a free estimate on our tree prunning service
Use specialized equipment to prune your tree safely
Want to help save your trees? We’ll work with you to nurse diseased or damaged trees back to health, if possible.
To learn more about our tree removal service, contact Cody’s Tree Service today.
Seasonal Tree Trimming & Pruning
When in the best time to trim trees in Texas?
Anytime between late fall and early spring is most beneficial for trimming or pruning.
And even better, dormant pruning in late fall or winter saves time and money by helping with disease management.
What is the Most Important Reason to Prune a Tree?
The most important reason to prune a tree is to prevent tree crown failure. Removing dead leaves and branches and trimming appropriately can help prevent tree failure.
Tree Trimming Techniques
To keep your trees in the best possible condition, here’s what you should know:
- The different tree pruning techniques and advantages
- When to prune your fruit trees
- When to avoid trimming your Oak Trees
- How to prune growing trees
Knowing when to trim your trees keeps them healthy in the long-term while setting them up for a season of robust growth.