SPEAK WITH OUR LOCAL TREE TRIMMING EXPERTS
Tree trimming and pruning is the practice of cutting back branches to encourage thicker foliage, raise the tree line, and encourage or discourage growth in a certain direction. Our licensed arborists are tree training experts with 26 years of experience and continuing education. Our knowledgeable tree surgeons trim specific branches, encouraging healthy tree growth in a desirable direction. These meticulous tree cuts and corrective pruning techniques are performed by a licensed arborist with specific knowledge and training. Seasonal pruning promotes healthy growth and longevity.
Looking for the best local tree trimming company? Contact our tree trimmers to schedule tree pruning, shaping, and trimming in the West Houston areas of Katy, Hockley, and Pattison, Texas or call (281) 391-3450.
Tree Training with Trimming & Pruning
Professional arborist tree pruning and trimming improves plant health by removing dead, dying, broken and diseased branches to encourage healthy growth. Trimming trees may also include cutting back branches that rub together or any branch stubs so the entire tree continues to grow strong, healthy, and in the desired direction.
Tree Trimming by Species
We prune a variety of tree species including but not limited to:
- Oak Trees
- Palm Trees
- Pine Trees
- Pecan Trees
- Citrus Trees
- River Birch
Preventing Disease with Tree Pruning
Opening up the canopy to let light and air filter throughout the entire tree allows for increased foliage while decreasing the risk of tree diseases like root rot and oak wilt. Raising the canopy also allows for more height clearance and prevents wayward branches from touching your house and roof.
At the ground level, suckers and water sprouts weaken the wood and steal nutrients from the main tree.
By helping a tree establish one main tree and a dominant leader, you create a strong tree that’s ultimately able to withstand winter storms and high winds.
Did another company over prune your trees? If they thinned out your tree, took too much from the crown, or trimmed the leader because they didn’t know better we can help. Our arborists can perform corrective pruning, trimming branches specifically to encourage thicker foliage and growth. We recommend professional arborist tree trimming every time to keep your trees healthy.
No Lion Tailing
Lion tailing is the practice of over-pruning a tree by removing all of the interior branches, leaving only small tufts of leaves at the top end of the branches. As the name suggests it looks like a lion tail. After a tree is pruned incorrectly using this method it is vulnerable to sunburn, malnutrition, and diseases.
We see it all the time, and it’s one of the reasons you should always hire professional tree pruning experts like Cody’s Tree Service, Inc. Please, don’t let an inexperienced landscaping company butcher your trees.
Request a Tree Trimming or Pruning Quote
Fill out the contact form below or call 281-391-3450 now to schedule tree trimming or pruning service in Katy, Cypress, or Fulshear, Texas.
- 5 Tree Care Mistakes Our Arborists Can Fix
- Everything You Need to Know About Dead Trees & Safety
- Tree Doctors Treat Diseases & Infections
- Palm Tree Maintenance Service
- Why Hire an ISA Certified Arborist?
- Stump Grinding Service
Tree Pruning Cuts
There are various types of common pruning cuts but the trim technique varies depending on the specific health and species of the tree. These tree shaping cuts include but are not limited to
- Tree Thinning. This is the practice of thinning out dense foliage by removing entire branches encouraging remaining branches to grow stronger and longer.
- Heading Cuts to Encourage Density. Crown cuts help to encourage denser sprouts and growth.
- Cuts to Slow Tree Growth. It’s better to properly plan for a tree’s future growth and plant it in a suitable area than to attempt to slow its growth. But if the tree is already there, you can discourage growth by not watering it or fertilizing it. Pruning it in the summer will also help stunt its growth.
- Tree Limb Removal. Sometimes it’s necessary to remove an entire tree limb in the pruning process. Tree limb removal becomes necessary for a handful of reasons; training a tree to grow in a certain direction, increasing the height of the lower tree canopy, and preventing injury from storm-damaged limbs falling to the ground.
- Tree Surgeons. Our arborists provide precision pruning and trimming services that are right for each species. If your tree needs surgery or aggressive pruning cuts to remove branches, you can trust Cody’s Tree Service to do it properly.
Professional Tree Trimmers Katy TX
Our tree trimmers have been in business for 26 years. If you are responsible for many trees, you can trust our arborist pruning and branch cutting services to make the right cuts that yield lush growth. You can trust Cody’s Tree Service with your tree maintenance because we’re bonded and insured, ISA Licensed Arborists, carry workers’ compensation insurance for your benefit, and we’ve been in business for over 30 years. Here’s the general process you can expect from our tree service technicians.
Conduct a thorough examination of your trees and identify broken branches and limbs to prune
Provide you with a fair estimate for professional tree trimming or corrective tree pruning service
Use specialized equipment to prune your tree safely and remove any limbs for street clearance or overhanging sidewalks
Tree Trimming Service Promotes Healthy Growth
Want to save your trees? Our professional trimming and pruning experts are licensed tree arborists. Our team of tree care professionals knows how to trim branches and limbs properly to promote growth and reduce the change of disease and pest infestations. We’ll work with you to nurse diseased or damaged trees back to health, if possible. If our tree experts determine that your tree needs cabling or bracing to encourage corrective pruning and stability they will give you options and pricing. Sometimes all it takes is seasonal maintenance cuts to bring a tree back to its former glory.
To learn more about our tree removal service, contact Cody’s Tree Service today.
Seasonal Tree Trimming & Pruning
When is the best time to trim trees in Texas?
Anytime between late fall and early spring is most beneficial for trimming or pruning.
And even better, dormant pruning in late fall or winter saves time and money by helping with disease management.
What is the Most Important Reason to Prune a Tree?
The most important reason to prune a tree is to prevent tree crown failure. Removing dead leaves and branches and trimming appropriately can help prevent tree failure.
Tree Trimming Techniques
To keep your trees in the best possible condition, here’s what you should know:
- different tree pruning techniques are used by tree specialists
- When to prune your fruit trees
- When to avoid trimming your Oak Trees
- How to prune growing trees
- Why you should hire a professional tree company with certified arborists on staff to trim your tree’s branches.
Knowing when to trim your trees keeps them healthy in the long-term while setting them up for a season of robust growth.