Do You Need Tree Cutting, Trimming, or Pruning Service?
SPEAK WITH A TREE TRIMMING EXPERT IN KATY OR FULSHEAR, TX
Tree Training with Trimming & Pruning
Trees are pruned for various reasons, all of which should result in a better looking and better-performing tree. Our licensed arborists are tree training experts who trim specific branches that are pointing in the direction they want the tree to grow. These meticulous tree cuts and corrective pruning techniques are performed by a licensed arborist with specific knowledge and training. Seasonal pruning promotes healthy growth and longevity.
Pruning for plant health focuses on removing dead, dying, and diseased branches, branches that rub together, and any branch stubs so the entire tree continues to grow in a healthy way.
Preventing Disease with Tree Pruning
Opening up the canopy to let light and air filter throughout the entire tree allows for increased foliage while decreasing the risk of disease.
At the ground level, suckers and water sprouts weaken the wood and steal nutrients from the main tree.
By helping a tree establish one main tree and a dominant leader, you create a strong tree that’s ultimately able to withstand winter storms and high winds.
Request a Tree Trimming or Pruning Quote
Fill out the contact form below or call 281-391-3450 now to schedule tree trimming or pruning service in Katy or Fulshear, Texas.
Tree Pruning Cuts
There are various types of pruning cuts depending on your goal and the health of the tree.
- Tree Thinning. This is the practice of thinning out dense foliage by removing entire branches encouraging remaining branches to grow stronger and longer.
- Heading Cuts to Encourage Density. Crown cuts help to encourage denser sprouts and growth.
- Cuts to Slow Tree Growth. It’s better to properly plan for a tree’s future growth and plant it in a suitable area than to attempt to slow its growth. But if the tree is already there, you can discourage growth by not watering it or fertilizing it. Pruning it in the summer will also help stunt its growth.
- Tree Shaping.Tree shaping involves precise cuts to encourage growth in a certain direction. Tree shaping can also make the bottom of a tree’s foliage taller to accomodate pedestrians, and in landscaping designs with topiary style, aka English gardens.
- Tree Limb Removal. Sometimes it’s necessary to remove an entire tree limb in the pruning process. Tree limb removal becomes necessary for a handful of reasons; training a tree to grow in a certain direction, increasing the height of the lower tree canopy, and preventing injury from storm-damaged limbs falling to the ground.
Provide you with a free estimate on our tree prunning service
Use specialized equipment to prune your tree safely
Tree Trimming Service Promotes Healthy Growth
Want to save your trees? Our professional tree pruning experts are licensed tree arborists who know how to trim branches and limbs to promote growth and reduce the change of disease and pest infestations. We’ll work with you to nurse diseased or damaged trees back to health, if possible. If our tree experts determine that your tree needs cabling or bracing to encourage corrective pruning they will give you options and pricing. Sometimes all it takes is seasonal maintenance cuts to bring a tree back to its former glory.
To learn more about our tree removal service, contact Cody’s Tree Service today.
Seasonal Tree Trimming & Pruning
When in the best time to trim trees in Texas?
Anytime between late fall and early spring is most beneficial for trimming or pruning.
And even better, dormant pruning in late fall or winter saves time and money by helping with disease management.
What is the Most Important Reason to Prune a Tree?
The most important reason to prune a tree is to prevent tree crown failure. Removing dead leaves and branches and trimming appropriately can help prevent tree failure.
Tree Trimming Techniques
To keep your trees in the best possible condition, here’s what you should know:
- The different tree pruning techniques and advantages
- When to prune your fruit trees
- When to avoid trimming your Oak Trees
- How to prune growing trees
Knowing when to trim your trees keeps them healthy in the long-term while setting them up for a season of robust growth.